XLA is looking for an Audiovisual Editing Specialist to work full time onsite at the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Audiovisual Unit in Arlington, VA (metro accessible). The Audiovisual Unit is the DEA’s principal office for providing audio and video support for Public Affairs events; developing video productions that are designed to educate and inform national and international audiences about the use, abuse and trafficking trends of various drugs; producing videos for television use with wrap around interviews and/or panel discussions; and providing videos to local, national and international news medium (e.g., newspapers, online, social media, radio, and television) for drug-related news reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide audiovisual editing services in support of the DEA mission, its programs and functions. The audiovisual specialist understands the requirements of services requested by program managers and applies knowledge derived from a mastery of the methods, techniques, and practices associated with the development of original television productions to produce highly complex and large-scale drug-related audiovisual productions; independently accomplishes projects, from evaluating and expressing audiovisual requirements and overseeing audiovisual editing projects to completion.
- Assures that production material is produced in accordance with the highest industry standards, management's needs, and in accordance with the DEA mission and objectives. Conceives, assesses, and prepares materials in support of agency audiovisual needs. Consults with program personnel and subject matter specialists to determine the objectives of the proposed project, nature of the audience to which the material will be presented, the audio and visual medium to be used, and the methods by which the materials will be most effectively presented. Works closely with other communicators, graphic artists, photographers, illustrators, writers, video/film technicians, actors and equipment contractors in developing audiovisual related materials.
- Consults with program managers, news media personnel, and other government officials regarding the audiovisual products best suited for the intended audiences. Assists to conceive, develop, design and produce various audiovisual materials, working within agency goals and objectives.
- Broad general guidelines and departmental mandates apply to multimedia productions, requiring judgement and creativity to use effectively within accepted industry standards and practices. In addition, complies with standard industry and federal guidelines governing specific procedures and how to achieve quality
- The work involves audiovisual editing of existing audio video footage for broadcast production, multimedia production, and other audiovisual services. Coordinates with supervisors throughout the entire process, including evaluation of management's initial request and determination of the requirements and methodology necessary to ensure successful completion of the project.
XLA is looking to hire an E2 Travel Specialist to work on site at DEA in Arlington, VA (metro accessible). Members of the XLA team work within the Financial Operations Section (FNO) by providing the E2 help desk support, answering questions, researching travel documents, routing issues, and maintaining E2 Access Forms. Employees with the Travel Services Unit work closely with the E2 Travel Helpdesk. Team members provide helpdesk support to all inquiries pertaining to E2 travel responding and researching all questions. This helpdesk support is provided to all personnel at DEA. Our team assists DEA employees to ensure all Travel Cards are being used in accordance with all regulations. In addition, our team members generate E2 usage reports and provide cost comparisons for E2 travelers creating documents tracking E2 progress. This information is used to update quarterly travel savings and used in the Office of Finance newsletter.
The E2 Travel Specialist will be tasked with:
- Creating new E2 accounts for travelers
- Advising travelers on how to complete authorizations and submit travel vouchers in E2
- Advising travelers on all agency travel policies
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with rejected E2 documents from UFMS
- Maintaining database for documents on local intranet
XLA is looking for a Travel Specialist to sit onsite at our customer's offices in Washington, D.C.
- Knowledge of Federal Travel Regulations and E2 systems.
- Prior experience with a web-based travel system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent communications and interfacing with various levels of management.
- Excellent attention detail, must be able to multi task and have a sense of urgency to complete travel task within the allotted time frame provided.
- Experience working with domestic travel authorizations and vouchers processing as well as foreign travel passports and visas.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, preferably in a helpdesk type environment.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field OR additional 4 years of professional experience in a related field in lieu of degree.
XL Associates, Inc. (XLA) has provided institutional support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for over twenty years. XLA has a new requirement for a US Personal Services Contracts (USPSC) Contracts unit lead under a support contract with USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). USAID/OTI is a fast-paced, dynamic organization that supports U.S. foreign policy objectives by helping local partners advance peace and democracy by providing fast, flexible, short-term assistance targeted at key political transition and stabilization needs.
The unit lead manages three contracts specialists and one contracts assistant to support the full acquisition lifecycle of approximately 12 new USPSC awards and 60 anniversary modifications each year conducted in accordance with FAR Part 15, AIDAR Appendix D, and ADS 309. The role works in the post-selection pre-award phase of the lifecycle in close cooperation with the USPSC recruiting team and with post-award administration. The role is matrixed with accountabilities both to the Contracting Officer (CO) and the technical office (OTI). The CO focuses on compliance with FAR and USAID rules and regulations related to contract awards. OTI focuses on the timely delivery of all award actions and managing an efficient procurement process. Together, the Contracts team delivers compliant and efficient award of USPSCs.
The unit lead is the day-to-day supervisor for the Contracts team responsible for training and mentoring the team as well as overall quality control of all work product. In addition, the team lead is a subject matter expert for OTI on issues related to the award and administration of USPSCs and the associated processes within the award lifecycle. The role’s key deliverables are USPSC award and administration oversight, team supervision and development, and the application of subject matter expertise to support continuous process improvement and complex issue resolution.
- Review quality and accuracy of outgoing contracts, budgets, modifications, and other contract- related documents; ensure documents are error-free;
- Ensure USPSC contracts follow USAID, US Government, and other regulations, laws, standards, procedures and update templates, systems, and processes as needed;
- Manage and maintain electronic and hard copy files and systems in compliance with US Government, USAID and OTI standards;
- Monitor upcoming USPSC actions and deadlines, and ensure all assigned contracts/tasks are completed in a timely manner;
- Assist in the development of contract-related documents, presentations, and other written reports;
- Provide ad hoc and regular reports on USPSC contract status, progress and issues to CO and/or OTI and ensure that all reports are accurate, complete, and timely;
- Liaise with OTI and CO to ensure a good working relationship and that the needs and expectations are met;
- Anticipate client and USPSC needs, and advise on recommendations;
- Address and resolve priority and complex issues;
- Provide expert interpretation of and recommendations on policies and USG regulations;
- Research and recommend ways in which the USPSC contracts award and modification processes can be streamlined and improved;
- Responsible for training new contracts staff;
- Mentor contracts team on client business processes, policy interpretation and application;
- Advise contracts staff on communication with OTI, OAA, and individuals being hired on all aspects and execution of contract and contract modifications for assigned actions; and
- Responsible for team performance feedback, staff growth, and professional development including track training.
XLA is looking for a Help Desk Support Specialist to work onsite at a government agency in Arlington, VA (metro accessible). Candidates must be located in the DMV area for consideration.
Required Skills and Aptitudes:
- Comfortable with Technology
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to plan and execute work independently
- Team player, well organized, self-motivated, hungry and quick learner
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with contracting, financial management and relocation staff in;
- Resolving issues and developing resolution recommendations
- Developing system requirements and Office of Acquisition & Relocation (FA) application tools
- Proficient in at least one of the following:
- UFMS application, Momentum software or similar contract/financial management system
- Federal contracting,
- User helpdesk experience,
- Broad technical skills (SQL, SharePoint, Excel, etc.)
Highly Desired Skills and Aptitudes:
- Experience working with a variety of technologies including: SharePoint, SQL Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience in planning project tasks and time management
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop system documentation and user guides
- Team player, well organized, self-motivated, hungry and quick learner
- Excellent analytical skills
- User helpdesk experience
- Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders across multiple organizations in:
- Resolving issues and developing recommendations
- Developing system requirements and application tools
- Proficient in:
- UFMS application, Momentum software or similar contract/financial management system
- Federal contracting
- Federal Integrated Acquisition Environment
- User helpdesk experience
- Highly Desirable proficiencies:
- DOJ UFMS
- DEA UFMS
- DEA Acquisition Policy
- Intermediate to Advanced SharePoint
- Intermediate to Advanced with SQL
XLA is looking for a Junior Financial Auditor to sit onsite at our customer's offices in Washington, D.C. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of Federal Financial Management systems.
- Basic understanding of financial management evaluations and reviews.
- Support the development of recommendations related to financial audit reviews and the associated corrective action plans.
- Field and assist Mid Professional Auditor with answering questions regarding finance, budget, and auditing matters.
- Assist/support strategic planning efforts for audit/financial plans.
- Assist with internal audit services and OMB Circular No. A-123 control testing.
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of risk assessment.
- Detail-oriented, with strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to travel to all District Offices as needed.
XLA is currently seeking a Contracts Associate to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Washington, DC. The Contracts Associate provides support to USAID offices in the contracting and onboarding of political transition and stabilization response personnel worldwide. This position plays a pivotal role supporting USAID offices in fast-paced, dynamic environments and is critical to the successful implementation of USAID/OTI’s programs and fulfillment of USAID/OTI’s mandate. The Contracts Assistant will focus on working closely with and providing direct support to the Contracts Team to complete administrative tasks. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Provide executive support to Contracts Team including scheduling meetings or conference calls, preparing materials for use in meetings/discussions, and monitoring incoming correspondence for upcoming deadlines or items requiring immediate attention;
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of the correspondence and records function for the Contracts Team:
- Ensure records are maintained properly in accordance with ADS policies:
- Responsible for scanning and uploading all required Personal Services Contracts (PSC) documents to Agency Secure Image and Storage Tracking System (ASIST);
- Save all important correspondence/distributions and complete contract checklists:
- Ensure all executed actions are uploaded into ASIST;
- Responsible for auditing P drive contract files and saving contract documentation:
- Assist with content and knowledge management through research and analysis, documenting lessons learned and best practices, updating communications on internal documents and/or sites, and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems while ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all documentation;
- Provide administrative support to the Contracts Team including general email correspondence, task initiation and follow-up, data entry, composing documents, proofreading and formatting, filing, scanning, and other administrative requirements;
- Assist the Contracts Team with logistical support, complete Tally Sheets, and print and send PeopleTrak reports.
- Learn contracting procedures and provide backup support to Contracts Specialists, as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
XLA is currently seeking a Deputy Team Lead for Contracts to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Washington, DC. The successful candidate would join a diverse team providing comprehensive support to OTI and would specifically be focused on overseeing the recruitment of Personal Services Contractors (PSC) to meet a broad range of requirements. Typical duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Oversees and manages the day-to-day functions and activities of a specific team;
- Provides management oversight of PSC Contracts team members, including helping to ensure training and professional growth needs are met;
- Liaises with USAID personnel and with contract Program Manager to ensure team’s activities are implemented in line with USAID’s technical direction and strategic vision for Task Order;
- Serves as subject matter specialist for team members and regularly provides technical and professional feedback to team members;
- Responsible for periodic reporting on team activities and responding to requests for information on the status of pending actions or requests;
- Oversees the development and implementation of contracts management strategies;
- Works with Contracting Officers to ensure the proper application of policies, guidance and regulations;
- Oversees the onboarding process of newly hired PSCs.
- Serves as the acting Team Lead, as needed;
- Tracks and reports on contracting activities;
- Maintains pertinent metrics and utilizes data to continuously improve the contract management process;
- Maintains documentation and ensures compliance with applicable regulations.
- Masters and 4 years of experience, a Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience, or a High School diploma and 8 years of experience;
- Customer-focused team player;
- Outstanding organizational skills (time management, prioritizing work);
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Proactive, analytical, and solution-oriented;
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing, fast-paced environment;
- Ability to obtain a Secret or Facility Access Clearance.
- Prior experience as a Contract Specialist supporting PSC hiring and contract management;
- Prior experience working in an international development-related organization
XLA is looking for a Jr. Financial Analyst to support a federal customer located in Arlington, VA. The Jr. Financial Analyst demonstrates experience coordinating similar project tasks related to financial management, auditing and reporting. Experience in one or more of the key project areas. Supports implementation of business operations improvements or project tasks.
XLA is looking for a Financial Analyst to support a federal customer located in Arlington, VA. The Financial Analyst demonstrates experience coordinating similar project tasks related to financial management, auditing and reporting. Experience in one or more of the key project areas. Supports implementation of business operations improvements or project tasks.
XLA is looking for a Policy Subject Matter Expert to support a federal customer located in Arlington, VA. The Policy SME must have significant experience in recommending policy and procedures, reading statutes and regulations, and interpreting policy.
XLA is looking for an Audit Lead to support a federal customer located in Arlington, VA. The Audit Lead must have experience supervising other audit staff in facilitating financial audits. The Audit Lead must also have experience in applying, and in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Government Auditing Standards (GAS), General Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), Accounting and the Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards issued by OMB.
XLA is looking for a Financial Reporting Lead to support a federal customer located in Arlington, VA. The Financial Reporting Lead must have strong qualifications in all aspects of federal financial accounting and in-depth experience in financial management and reporting.
XLA is looking for a Financial Project Manager to support a federal customer located in Arlington, VA. The Financial Project Manager must have experience in establishing and enforcing the necessary control techniques to assure that contract activities and deliverables are scheduled and completed within the time and cost constraints, and that deliverables meet the intended functional requirements.
XL Associates, Inc. (XLA) has provided institutional support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for over twenty years. We are currently seeking a Front Office Administrative Management and Operations (AMO) Advisor to support the USAID/Zambia Mission in country. As the Front Office AMO Advisor, you will be responsible for providing expert administrative support services to the Mission Director (MD) and the Deputy Director (DMD). The consultant will provide support on a variety of complex and sensitive programs, operational, and logistical issues. USAID’s Executive Officer or his/her designee will oversee this position.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expert advice and staff support in the administrative management areas including office services, policies and management, communication resources, and training among others.
- Make recommendations to the EXO and follow up on all management operations to ensure they are carried out properly and within appropriate time limits.
- Exercise good judgment, often under stress and limited time frames, in making recommendations and providing advice on USAID management policies and contracting practices, and when providing technical advice to staff
- Event planning support to Front Office hosted events
- Onboarding of new Front Office staff and training on key responsibilities
- Donor and government contract list maintenance
- Drafting of DIP notes
- Weekly bullet support
- Travel management and support
XLA is currently recruiting for Sr. Human Resources (HR) Specialist to support USAID/Mozambique under the Southern Africa Mission Support (SAMS) Institutional Support Contract (ISC). The consultant will be primarily responsible for all recruitment lifecycle actions in addition to HR administration actions. This position requires in-country support in Maputo, Mozambique for three (3) months.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage full range of recruitment actions for USPSC, TCN and CCNPSC positions including the creation/approval of TECs, submission of applications to TEC, arranging for tests and interviews, guiding through selection memo preparation and approval processing; contacting selected candidate, negotiation of the Conditional Salary Offer, arranging for Security and Medical clearances as appropriate for a particular category of position, and notification of non-selected interviewed applicants;
- Coordinate on-boarding for new hires including notifications, start date negotiations, contract execution, etc.;
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on questions and matters related to the human resources as appropriate;
- Lead onsite training of HR team members; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the Identity Management Services program, including project management, budgeting, stakeholder engagement, and strategy development. This role is integral to the successful execution and continued improvement of the department's identity management initiatives.
- Develop and implement comprehensive project plans to meet objectives of the Identity Management Services program.
- Monitor and control project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Collaborate with internal teams, external partners, and stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of Identity Management Services.
- Conduct risk assessments for projects and oversee the development and implementation of mitigation strategies.
- Manage the procurement process in line with GSA MAS regulations, including vendor selection and contract negotiation.
- Communicate regularly with senior leadership and stakeholders, providing updates on project status, risks, and issues.
- Develop and manage the program budget, ensuring efficient use of resources.
- Foster a supportive and innovative team environment, overseeing team performance and providing guidance and feedback.
- Evaluate program performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques; report and escalate issues as needed.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
The Technical Lead will be responsible for leading technical aspects of the program, including system architecture design, development, testing, deployment and for providing expertise in the areas of biometric and identity management and generating artifacts for technical and/ or non-technical audience. This role requires strong technical expertise, leadership abilities, and a deep understanding of identity management systems and technologies.
- Lead the technical design and development of identity management systems and solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand and translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Supervise technical team members, oversee development activities, and ensure adherence to best practices and standards.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting and problem resolution as needed.
- Contribute to procurement processes, including technical evaluations of vendors and solutions.
- Ensure system security and compliance with relevant federal regulations.
- Communicate complex technical information effectively to non-technical stakeholders.
The Lead Research Analyst is responsible for the providing expertise in the areas of emerging biometrics technologies, physical and digital travel, identification credentials and standards, and advanced face recognition algorithms as well as generating artifacts for technical and/or non-technical audience and will be tasked with staying at the forefront of this dynamic field, ensuring the DOS uses the most advanced and secure identity management solutions. This position will be located in Tysons Corner at XLA HQ.
- Lead and conduct comprehensive research in the field of Identity Management Services, including technology trends, new product development, and competitive landscape.
- Develop and implement research methodologies and data collection strategies tailored to the needs of identity management systems.
- Analyze data and trends in Identity Management Services, providing strategic and actionable insights to decision-makers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team members to understand the functional requirements and needs of the department's identity management services.
- Translate complex research findings into clear, concise, and actionable insights.
- Oversee junior research analysts, including training, coaching, and providing feedback on performance.
XLA is looking for an Program Manager to work onsite at our customer's offices in Farmers Branch, TX. The Program Manager (PM) will oversee and continually improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity of contractor personnel assigned to perform under the contract. This individual must possess the expertise and capability to manage multiple teams, knowledge of project management best practices, lead client communications and stakeholder management, and implement a quality management system (QMS) that allows the team to evolve into a more efficient and robust component of the client program.
The PM will lead a team of contractors supporting the Personnel Security Department (PSD) for an agency within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). PSD has the responsibility to provide service-wide policy and procedures designed to ensure that people desiring to work as Federal or contract employees, or who require access to National Security Information (NSI) are suitable. Daily responsibilities of the team include processing personnel security actions for Entry-On-Duty (EOD), fitness determinations, suitability and/or eligibility for access to NSI.
- The PM is expected to apply project management principles, tools, and expertise to execute and monitor daily operations of the team, maintain consistent and accurate reporting to client and the COR, and mitigate risks and issues.
- The PM shall be responsible for the performance of the entire contrac and any associated task orders.
- Knowledge of operational management and practices in order to improve the long-term performance of the team are applicable.
- The team faces a continually growing back-log of open cases to process and finalize. With limited resources the PM will identify business process improvement methods to address the back-up and to, all the while, maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Assessing the current QMS used to monitor performance of the team beginning with security packet intake through notification of EODs.
- Leading the development of a more comprehensive QMS to include survey methods, key performance indicators, criteria, tools and templates.
- Other improvement initiatives may include the development of standard operating procedures, working in close professional partnership with the PSU Federal staff to optimize support and jointly overcome the challenges inherent in the context of this mission.