Click column header to sort
XLA is looking for a Temporary Task Supervisor to support CMS in Lawton, OK. This position will be required to work Monday-Friday, from 1:45pm to 10:15pm. The position is remote and is expected to last approximately 8 weeks. The responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of a specific task or function for a non-technical contract or project with an emphasis on logistics, records management, human resources or other administrative focus.
- Ensures all activities are carried out in accordance with project commitments or specific objectives.
- Position typically supervises between 10 and 30 employees.
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination and administration of tasks by ensuring quality and productivity standards are maintained while meeting client schedules.
- Coordinates with other contract and subcontract personnel to ensure work moves smoothly from one functional area to another.
- Works with project manager and/or client to prepare work schedules and man-hour estimates.
- Ensures proper training of subordinates.
- Maintains record of changes in instructions and ensures all team members are informed of changes.
- Assigns and reviews subordinates’ performance.
- Prepares employee performance evaluations.
- Ensures completion of administrative reporting, e.g., timecards, daily statistics, logs, and task narratives.
- Responds to client requests and questions.
- Assists with writing manuals and other documentation.
- Responsible for status and task management reports for area of responsibility.
- Sets up and manages project facilities as dictated by workload requirements.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Leads and directs the work of others.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
XLA is looking for a Facility Planning Specialist to work onsite at a federal agency in Arlington, VA (metro accessible). Responsibilities include:
- Serving as the facility project manager for centrally managed activities, performing the full range of program/project management.
- Overseeing project budgets and reviewing funding proposals to meet the requirements for new facilities and/or renovation or expansion of existing facilities.
- Evaluating and resolving problems or issues with widespread impact on the organization's large procurements, some of which have new or unusual.
- Serving as the facilities services to the Domestic Field offices on various repairs and upgrades to the existing office.
- Travel on market surveys with federal employees to survey office sites for future office.
- Travel to various field offices for inspection of new construction and renovations of ongoing projects.
- Preparing space utilization and layout design plans using the Computer Aided Design (CAD) to develop and prepare detailed drawings and specifications for telecommunications, furniture, electrical and other.
- Reviewing facilities design criteria, guidelines, and procedures to assure optimal effectiveness in meeting specialized organization.
- Preparing space layouts and basic building plans from landlords awarded leases and reviews closely for deviations from.
- Discussing plans with lessors, contractors, and federal employees.
- Developing project milestones and reviews cost estimates and project Determining technical project requirements and design specifications and concepts.
- Applying the rules and regulations governing the acquisition, construction and/or alterations of leased or owned.
- Analyzing proposals considering numerous factors related to ability to meet requirements, utility access, cost, employeeconveniences.
- Acquiring space based on the development of program requirements, preparing design, reviewing technical drawings, specifications and cost estimates, and working with occupancy agreements and tenant improvements.
- Conducting pre-construction meetings to assure complete understanding of space designs and technical.
- Advising all parties of requirements and modifications (exterior and interior) in more detail, such as specifications for technical operations, security, acoustics, wall specifications and coverings, color coordination, etc.
- Overseeing construction and renovations, assuring all requirements and expectations are Discussing plans with lessors, general contractors, architects, and management.
- Considering the General Services Administration (GSA) offers of buildings and sitesproposed for buildings built to specifications.
- Preparing furniture packages and procure funding to outfit the space and manages the delivery and installation.
- Developing life cycle office relocation/renovation schedules and attendant funding plans and proposals to assure facilities meet specialized requirements with maximum cost effectiveness.
XLA is looking for a Junior Financial Auditor to sit onsite at our customer's offices in Washington, D.C. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of Federal Financial Management systems.
- Basic understanding of financial management evaluations and reviews.
- Support the development of recommendations related to financial audit reviews and the associated corrective action plans.
- Field and assist Mid Professional Auditor with answering questions regarding finance, budget, and auditing matters.
- Assist/support strategic planning efforts for audit/financial plans.
- Assist with internal audit services and OMB Circular No. A-123 control testing.
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of risk assessment.
- Detail-oriented, with strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to travel to all District Offices as needed.
XLA is looking for a Financial Analyst/Training Development person to work on-site on a federal engagement. This position is a full-time position and requires the eligibility to obtain and maintain a DOJ Public Trust.
Primary Job Duties:
- Communicate with managers to identify training needs and map out development plans.
- Proficient in managing instructor equipment and educational materials such as PowerPoint, Camtasia, Snag-It, etc.
- Design and deliver learning courses, workshops and other training as needed.
- Concrete understanding of financial management principles with the ability to train others.
- Exceptional writing skills, financial reporting and analysis skills.
- The ability to effectively conduct presentations and findings to Senior Leadership and Stakeholders.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for financial management processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of financial management and Training Development.
The Program Data Analyst will be onsite at the DHS ICE ODCR (Office of Diversity and Civil Rights) in Washington D.C. and be heavily responsible for both program data analytics and strong technical writing within designated program offices. The ideal candidate should be an independent individual while working alongside a team of other data specialists and technical writers to support ICE Senior Leadership. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Examine existing data sets and work to improve current governmental programs by performing research on specific topics or projects, extrapolating and manipulating data, and presenting findings in clear and concise manner. Technical writing documents to ultimately serve as consultant for the management of those projects
- Support ICE Senior Leadership to identify opportunities for continual improvement; creating reports for internal teams, collaborating with individuals to collect and analyze data; show graphs or other methods to present written findings and visualize data.
- Structure large data sets to find usable information for process improvement; create presentations and reports based on best practices and recommendations
- Provide senior management with detailed reports, evaluated information, budgetary proposals and similar products for effective direction of program operations
- Independently researches programmatic activities; Reviews information, reconciles conflicting data, and devises new and modified methods to analyze findings
- Advises management of unique conditions and issues that affect program activities and recommends strategies to improve implementation and evaluation of programs
- Develops and maintains communications with team and stakeholders by providing verbal and written communication in support of programmatic activities
- Support various ODCR programs and initiatives, including reasonable accommodation, equal employment opportunity, alternative dispute resolution, organizational climate assessments, special emphasis, model workplace, anti-harassment, and civil liberties
XLA is looking for a Financial Analyst to support a federal law enforcement customer in Arlington, Virginia (metro-accessible). Currently working remote and subject to change.
- Preparing monthly management reports.
- Working directly with Supervisor/Manager in developing follow up process for past due invoices.
- Following departmental security and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Maintaining minimal accepted level of productivity and excellent quality.
- Ensuring that daily transactions are property filed, documented and recorded.
- Contributing to a positive work environment.
- Performing a variety of projects as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Presenting a professional attitude when working with customers and other departments.
- Special projects as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
XLA is seeking a Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) with a broad knowledge of the domain including network security, system security, vulnerability scanning, web-based application scanning, risk assessments, security engineering, etc. Experience configuring, managing, and running Security Operation Center (SOC) type tools (e.g., Tenable.SC (Security Center), FireEye Threat Management System, Snort, etc.) SME will support a Federal Civilian Agency with vulnerability management and incident response work. The position involves working in a small focused team that follows the Federal Continuous Monitoring strategy for prioritization of resources and providing support that provides the greatest impact with limited resources. Team members have a large set of cross-functional abilities to support all aspects of Cyber Security.
- Conduct vulnerability scans and assessments against agency information systems, web applications, and web services.
- Conduct assigned activities within the security incident response and handling lifecycle. These activities could include: detection, triage, analysis, containment, recovery, and reporting.
- Assist with maturing vulnerability management and incident response processes and activities.
- Coordinate with system owners and IT operations to remediate and resolve issues discovered during security scans, system assessments, system audits, and cyber security investigations.
- Conduct security assessments for agency’s cloud platform types (i.e., IaaS, SaaS, PaaS)
- Provide security engineering reviews and recommendations to agency System Owners and Information System Security Officers (ISSO)
- Develop and implement technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Analyze network and host-based security logs to identify potential security threats
- Develop/review documentation for Security Operations procedures
XL Associates, Inc. (XLA) has provided institutional support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for over twenty years. XLA is now seeking candidates to support the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS), Center for Resilience. This is a great opportunity for those seeking to begin or further develop a career in international development and gain valuable experience directly supporting USAID. The primary work location is the Ronald Reagan Building in downtown Washington, DC once the COVID protocols have eased.
The newly reorganized RFS will strengthen coordination across the technical areas of agriculture-led growth, resilience, nutrition, and water security, sanitation and hygiene and provide state-of-the-art services to the field. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Assistants provide a crucial service to coordinate and manage the increased information flow and analysis that is necessary to support the function of Technical Centers, Support Offices, and a robust new field support model. The Center for Resilience MEL Assistant will work closely with colleagues within the RFS Bureau and outsider organizations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in shaping messages, communications, and documenting Lessons Learned
- Synthesize data sets and ensure accessibility to relevant information
- Support implementation of the RFS Bureau’s Knowledge Management Plan, Training Plan, and the RFS Evidence Cycle
- Conduct an annual review of sectoral and Mission Development Information Solution data in coordination with other offices
- Implement sectoral analysis with support from the Analysis and Learning Division
- Support working groups including agenda development, communications/invitations with participants, and note-taking
- Support the drafting of resilience measurement guidance
- Provide technical input for Resilience Evaluation, Analysis and Learning 2.0 work streams
- Support the implementation of MEL requirements
- Develop and draft center-wide end of year deliverable(s)
- Coordinate resilience measurement sessions at internal and external events
- Lead and coordinate climate adaptation Performance Plan and Report review with other Bureau colleagues
XLA is looking for an Accounting Support Specialist to work at a Federal Agency in Arlington, VA (metro accessible). Currently working remotely and subject to change.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Candidate will be assisting three separate unit and the Unit Chief
- Critical to keep task, assignments, and deadlines organized
- Candidate will assist with organizing and consolidating multiple sources of data
- Attention to Detail
- Candidate will need to ensure that tracking sheets are updated timely and accurately
- Candidate will generate support documentation that will be used to process transaction in UFMS
- Advanced automation skill set – minimum Microsoft products, Adobe
- Candidate will work with large data collection
- Candidate will evaluate data stored in multiple platforms – excel, database, word doc
- Candidate will assist with answering inquiries from the field offices in a written and verbal format
- Candidate must be able to formulate written responses, memos, and correspondence
- Candidate will be assisting with tasks that require reconciling support documentation to stated policy
- Candidate will ensure transaction are processed timely
XLA is looking for a Management Analyst to support a federal agency located in Washington, D.C. The responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Assist and provide professional support services to the Administration Division on various organizational management and human capital management initiatives to include document analysis, to support workforce planning and implementation
- Provide support to OVW on the OVW Workforce Model—“The Model,” to include confirming work processes, and workforce attributes (no less than a bi-annually) by various means; meeting with staff and/or management: research; fact finding; etc.
- Provide comprehensive updates of the data attributes that go into “The Model,” as necessary to inform staff, management and components within DOJ
- Conduct periodic tests (no less than bi-annually) to verify and analyze the data against the workforce analysis and planning matrix developed by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- Assist with the development and implementation of OVW’s internal Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility efforts and program
- Assist OVW in the development and update of various administrative policies and processes for OVW
- In coordination with the EO and HR Liaison Specialist, assist with the development of the OVW Succession Plan
- Document all changes to “The Model” in accordance with the Operational Manual. Incorporate all process changes into The Model Operational Manual;
- Assist with coordinating responses to GAO, DOJ, other federal entities, or Congress in reference to “The Model” and the OVW Workforce Plan
- In coordination with the EO and HR Liaison Specialist, assist with the development of an OVW Workforce Plan in accordance with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management guidance to be incorporated into the OVW Strategic Human Capital Plan
- Recommend at least one process improvement to “The Model” on an annual basis, in addition to suggestions of ways to improve and/or update “The Model.”
- Develop additional attributes using EXCEL, for “The Model” to include OVW positions in the Legal Counsel, Policy, Communication and Evaluation, Budget and Financial Management, and Administration Divisions
- Track and compare the GAO findings against the GAO matrix/standards to help OVW staff ensure “The Model” is in compliance with the requirements
- Provide reports, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets to support presentation of “The Model” findings to staff, OVW management, DOJ personnel and other federal constituents
- Assist the Executive Officer and/or HR Liaison Specialist by brainstorming, creating and recommending innovative ideas to improve morale, improve the Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey and OVW's work-life program
- Assist OVW with implementing a comprehensive Staff Development Program, to include staff IDPs, past training, annual training budget, upcoming training due using a tracking mechanism. Identify training trends and cost savings: monitor Learn DOJ for completion of mandatory courses by running, preparing and reviewing various ad-hoc reports
- Assist in the drafting of the OVW Annual Training Plan. Run and prepare various reports and research various organization specific training. Assist with the coordination of OVW specific training to include meeting with vendors, coordinating logistics, staff attendance, agenda's, training information, etc.
- Assist with the development of customized reports to reflect personnel requirements, wage adjustments, current resources, succession plans, etc.
XLA is looking for a Budget Analyst to support a federal agency located in Washington, D.C. The responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Assist Budget Officer with annual budget development, execution and formulation activities
- Assist in preparation of budget exhibits
- Assist in preparation of cost modules and base adjustments
- Assist with development of Technical Assistance, Evaluation, Peer Review and other budget set-asides
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of budget crosscuts;
- Perform ad hoc budget analysis upon request.
- Assist with maintaining the existing in-house tool to track all grant commitments, special projects, recoveries, revenue grant funds and carryforward
- Calculate set-asides
- Assist with preparation of Program Funding Inquires (RMS system)
- Assist in Monthly Open Obligation Review
- Provide ad-hoc budget analysis upon request and support the development of quarterly budget reports, operating plan updates, Outlays and SF-133 reports
- Maintain M&A registry and Payroll files
- Query budget data using UFMS
- Reconcile Grants and M&A transactions using JEDI reports
- Assist with grant award processing as needed
- Maintain data call tracker
- Produce financial reports by account classification and consolidated reports for OVW
- Assist OVW with coordinating and updating data mapping criteria and data structure for OVW non-grant obligations in UFMS
- Provide support for ad-hoc financial queries for OVW Management and staff
- Establish and maintain accounting control registers for all types of transactions
- Enter, review and report transactional data in UFMS; Reconcile transaction and obligation documents; tracking and resolving discrepancies
- Reconcile transaction and obligation documents; tracking and resolving discrepancies
- Process travel authorizations, travel vouchers, requisitions, reimbursable agreements, purchase orders and invoices
- Update business processes used by financial and budget analysts, including desktop checklists.
- Produce financial reports by account classification and consolidated reports for OVW
- Produce ad hoc financial reports upon request.
Maintain the OVW’s Non-Grant Financial Support Tool
- Update OVW’s database tool with non-grant related financial data.
- Conduct financial cash reconciliation of OVW grants and non-grant activity. Establish reports to track all obligation, and cash activity on a monthly basis for OVW
- Reconcile OVW’s financial activity (JUSGRANTS, UFMS, OVW database, etc.) with the general ledger to ensure data is reflected properly. Coordinate with the accounting office to facilitate corrections or make recommendations for enhancements
- Participate in working groups to discuss changes/development of new systems
- Verify and track closeout activity from JUSGRANTS to UFMS subsidiary to UFMS general ledger
XLA is looking for an Audit Liaison Specialist to support a federal agency located in Washington, D.C. The responsibilities and duties are as follows:
OVW Conference Administrator
- Analyze conference requests for completeness and ensure that the request meet the Department of Justice thresholds
- Review and analyze quarterly conference reports
- Communicate with the OVW Program (POC) unresolved conference request issues
- Communicate with the IT solutions team program specific updates related to the Conference Tracker
- Serve as the liaison between OVW staff and OVW management to communicate conference request procedure updates
- The Contractor shall check-in with their OVW Point of Contact (POC) for RMS updates for processing to assigned programs
- Update the OVW recommendation database to ensure that the database fields match the OVW program specific BMR forms
- Work with the OVW technical support team to ingest application data within 24 hours of the grant solicitation closing
- Assist the OVW program POC with tracking application data
- Troubleshoot user errors and technical errors within 24 hours that the errors are reported to ensure that the issues are resolved
- Track the issues that are reported throughout the recommendation process and provide a weekly report of the issues to the OVW program POC
- The contractor shall assist the OVW program specialist POC in deliverables associated with the grant making lifecycle specifically serving as a technical support contractor for the pre and post award processes to ensure that the grant lifecycle timeline is kept
- Develop process improvement strategies, in the form of process flows, templates and narratives, and provide recommendations to the management team of Grants Development and Management Division on methods for implementing recommended processes for each stage of the Grants Management lifecycle
Audit Liaison Support
- Assists in preparing official OIG and grantee follow-up letters/memos, requesting action per the Office of Inspector General (OIG) Audit Reports
- Performs necessary audit follow-up with OIG, Grantees and Program staff pertaining to various audit reports and corresponding recommendations
- Analyze and develop recommendations for improvement in program operations and objectives based on a range of program management policies, concepts, practices, and principles. Recommendations and procedures shall conform to the accepted procedures used for government audit policies, procedures and regulations issued by OVW
- Communicate information to management for effective evaluation of audit operations and milestones
- Analyze, extract, summarize, and identify significant issues, forecast, and estimate requirements and narrative data for top-level presentations and briefings
- Maintains Audit Summary Spreadsheet for tracking of audit progress
- Maintain Monthly Status Report Spreadsheet for the analysis, resolutions, and implementation of audit solutions