XL Associates, Inc. (XLA) has provided institutional support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for over twenty years. XLA is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to provide direct support onsite at the USAID Mission in Pretoria, South Africa for an initial period of six months. The person in this role is responsible for financial analysis and audit management and provides financial analysis support to USAID technical teams. Specifically, support to the technical teams includes the design, implementation, and evaluation of USAID projects through performance of financial activity analysis, reviews, and assessments. The Financial Analyst enhances the integrity of internal operations and controls through periodic review of management and accounting control. S/He also leads or assists in the conduct of the Mission’s Audit Management Resolution Program, including development of the Mission audit plan and tracking timely closure of audit recommendations.
• This position requires you to relocate to Pretoria, Africa;
• Post-graduate degree in a relevant field;
• At least 10 years of relevant experience;
• Prior experience supporting international development activities in a developing country context is desired;
• Specific knowledge of USG and USAID regulations and policies related to financial management;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage those tasks with little or no direction needed;
• Ability to proactively identify and solve problems and recommend improvements;
• Optimistic, proactive, and pragmatic approach to work and the ability to anticipate needs;
• Strong oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills including the ability to design communications products and facilitate meetings;
• Strong prioritization and organization skills to meet deadlines; ability to manage time well and be responsive to emerging requirements;
• Positive, professional and diplomatic attitude and demeanor; able to build relationships;
• Detail-oriented and dedicated to producing quality work products;
• Ability to obtain a USAID facility access clearance.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): XLA is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, XLA will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations in the hiring process. We encourage qualified individuals with disabilities to apply. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our HR team by phone at 703-584-8317 or via email at email@example.com. For persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind, or deaf-disabled, XLA will provide an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter where needed as a reasonable accommodation for the hiring processes.