The Communication Analyst directly supports the Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA) Public Affairs team by assembling, analyzing, and disseminating information related to areas of strategic importance to the Agency. The Communication Analyst coordinates and prepares a wide range of outreach materials, reports, briefings, and presentations for USAID audiences. The Communication Analyst uses independent judgement to complete tasks and operates with discretion within the Public Affairs team’s Office of Public Engagement.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviews, refines, and supports clearance of communications and relevant materials for LPA or other portfolios as assigned to ensure consistency with Agency messaging, policy, and procedures.
- Supports the development, implementation, and management of USAID communications activities, including its top-line messaging, marketing materials, social media toolkits, and other communications tools.
- Identifies, conceptualizes, and facilitates outreach to external stakeholders on key Agency issues and priorities, including facilitating interactive in-person and virtual engagements.
- Contributes to efforts within LPA to engage key external stakeholders leading on issues related to Ukraine within private, non-profit, and public sectors.
- Writes, edits, and oversees the production and dissemination of strategic communication materials, including but not limited to online feature stories, blog posts, case studies, fact sheets, newsletters, presentations, and video scripts.
- Creatively identifies new mechanisms and opportunities to tell the story of the Agency in new and exciting ways and targets key audiences, across a large number of platforms.
- Assists in drafting social media content.
- Monitors development news, trends, and best practices, and translates findings into actionable content.
- Supports the management and growth of an active community of practice using a variety of internal and external channels (e.g., newsletters, webinars, live events, online platforms, etc.) and leveraging a mix of communication resources (e.g., toolkits, case studies).
- Develops online content and manages messaging for external web platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.