XLA’s Federal Client is seeking a mid-level Technical Writer whom possesses experience writing policy for a large law enforcement agency.
All work is performed on-site at Client Headquarters, located in Arlington, Virginia.
The personnel security access level for this contract is Sensitive but Unclassified (SBU). Only U.S. citizens shall be permitted to perform services on this Government contract.
Key Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain and review all operational policy and procedures located in the Agents Manual.
- Ensure policies are consistent with federal laws and regulations as well as Headquarters and field elements. Work with relevant stakeholders to develop a BWC program. The elements of the program include policy development and technology.
- Provide support to the Evidence Custodians (EC) in the field by responding to questions in the Policy and Procedures Hotline as it pertains to Evidence policy.
- Coordinate with Agency’s technical support team to resolve issues with the Centralized Evidence Reporting and Tracking System (CERTS).
- Develop resources to support the work of the EC in the field.
- Monthly Activity/Status Report which includes monthly updates on all status items (e.g., personnel, work performed, milestones achieved, etc.). The activity reports shall be due the first business day of each month following the previous work month of performance.
- Ad Hoc Reports shall be submitted to the COR on a weekly basis.
- Updated and revised Agency Agents Manual in accordance with established guidelines.
- Comprehensive and well-structured Body Worn Camera Policy reflecting industry best practices and Agency’s specific needs.
- Evaluation and recommendations for other Agency policies, as assigned.
- Drafts and final versions of policy documents in digital and hard copy formats.