The Capture Manager is responsible for the growth of the XLA Portfolio with emphasis on creating new business and winning new opportunities. The Capture Manager will develop, oversee, and execute strategies and plans for specific opportunities/pursuits and is accountable to win new business, as well as, support the proposal process. The ideal candidate will have considerable professional networks within various government agencies such as the DoD, DHS, DOJ, State, USAID etc.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leads capture efforts to secure new business and re-compete contract / task orders
- Builds and maintains a qualified pipeline to include continual status updates, bid-no-bid decisions, teaming arrangements, and calculated p-Wins
- Develops capture strategy including business solution for pursuit of opportunities; identifies potential customers, performs competitive assessments, assists in identifying teaming partners, and support the price-to-win assessments
- Leverages the XLA Capture Approach/Workbook for all Pipeline identified opportunities to drive progress and increase the p-Win leading to the final solicitation release
- Provides initial Program Manager (PM) assessment of new opportunities to include: planning, risk management, and project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large technical services-type contract
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date XLA Proposal Forecast Schedule
- Coordinates bid/capture team resources and interdependencies between multiple and multi-disciplinary teams to develop a high-quality solution
- Develops and presents briefings to internal and external customers to support the capture process
- Maintains on-going interaction with external Business Development (BD) teams
- Influences & impacts business capture strategy throughout the organization
- Influences the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the organizations
- As needed, will lead proposal efforts to serve as a book boss, creates outlines, color teams, scheduling, stand up calls, white glove, production etc.