XLA is currently seeking a Deputy Team Lead for Contracts to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Washington, DC. The successful candidate would join a diverse team providing comprehensive support to OTI and would specifically be focused on overseeing the recruitment of Personal Services Contractors (PSC) to meet a broad range of requirements. Typical duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Oversees and manages the day-to-day functions and activities of a specific team;
- Provides management oversight of PSC Contracts team members, including helping to ensure training and professional growth needs are met;
- Liaises with USAID personnel and with contract Program Manager to ensure team’s activities are implemented in line with USAID’s technical direction and strategic vision for Task Order;
- Serves as subject matter specialist for team members and regularly provides technical and professional feedback to team members;
- Responsible for periodic reporting on team activities and responding to requests for information on the status of pending actions or requests;
- Oversees the development and implementation of contracts management strategies;
- Works with Contracting Officers to ensure the proper application of policies, guidance and regulations;
- Oversees the onboarding process of newly hired PSCs.
- Serves as the acting Team Lead, as needed;
- Tracks and reports on contracting activities;
- Maintains pertinent metrics and utilizes data to continuously improve the contract management process;
- Maintains documentation and ensures compliance with applicable regulations.
- Masters and 4 years of experience, a Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience, or a High School diploma and 8 years of experience;
- Customer-focused team player;
- Outstanding organizational skills (time management, prioritizing work);
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Proactive, analytical, and solution-oriented;
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing, fast-paced environment;
- Ability to obtain a Secret or Facility Access Clearance.
- Prior experience as a Contract Specialist supporting PSC hiring and contract management;
- Prior experience working in an international development-related organization