XL Associates, Inc. (XLA) has provided institutional support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for over 25 years. XLA is currently seeking candidates to support the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS). Through RFS, USAID works to advance agriculture-led growth, resilience, nutrition and water security, sanitation and hygiene in priority countries to help them accelerate and protect development progress.
The Program Assistant will assist the RFS Bureau’s Program Office Inclusive Development Division (PO/ID) with a range of activities. This would be a great opportunity for someone with an interest in international development to gain valuable experience directly supporting USAID. Candidates should be within commuting distance of Washington, DC. Eligible for telework.
Typical duties and responsibilities will be in the following areas:
- Knowledge Management:
- Organize and store Inclusive Development products for easy access, including policies, strategies, evidence briefs, guidance, success stories, etc.;
- Assist with PO/ID reviews of Operational Plans and Performance Reports;
- Data and Learning:
- Analyze sex-disaggregated data and producing charts and other products to summarize and communicate what we are learning from the data;
- Represent PO/ID on the RFS Learning Team;
- Lead the development of PO/ID’s input to the RFS evidence and learning cycle;
- Provide logistical and other support to PO/ID for learning events and training courses;
- Collect, analyze and chart gender attributions across RFS and missions;
- Organize talking points and briefers for PO/ID technical areas, including first drafts of briefers for RFS principles and others;
- Develop slide decks for PO/ID on both the role of the Division and on specific technical topics within the team, in coordination with PO/ID’s Senior Technical Advisors
- Represent PO/ID on the Bureau-wide Communications Team;
- Develop success stories and blogs in collaboration with the Senior Technical Advisors;
- Activity Management: Serve as the activity manager for PO/ID activities, as assigned;
- Mission Support: Serve on a number of country support teams.