XLA is seeking experienced Network and Computer Systems Administrator who will be responsible for maintaining multiple computing environments by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance and managing network configuration consistency. The Network Engineer will provide engineering, design, and implementation solutions for multiple network architecture.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have experience with Cisco IOS specifically Firewalls ASA5506, ASA5545, CISCO Nexus & Catalyst Switches, WAN Networking Infrastructure, VMware SRM, NetApp SnapMirror, and familiar with Windows OS (Server 2016+ / Windows 10+) and AD
- Optimize system operation and resource utilization
- Perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Resolve performance problems with the servers, desktops and network components
- Provide resolution of system failures and degradations
- Responsible to maintain LAN/WAN/Wireless services and connectivity
- Maintain data centers, cabling, wiring closets, servers, consoles, switches, routers, etc.
- Monitor network and systems health, responding appropriately to network alerts and events
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network issues on a day-to-day basis
- Configure routers, switches, firewalls, servers, cabling, and related equipment
- Maintain redundancy across the network and identify areas of inefficiency
- Adhere to Change Control procedures and plan implementations around existing maintenance windows
- Provide documentation of projects and installations. Serve as engineer in on-call rotation
- Perform various other duties and projects as assigned
- Maintain and deploy policy changes to firewalls and load balancers
- Incident and request Management
- Design and implementation of Network equipment and technologies
- Work and participate in Network projects
- Provide Network support for IT projects
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- While performing the duties, this position regularly requires to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 lbs.
- Will be required to be on-site, Lorton, VA, for first 2 weeks and then on-site 1 to 2 days a week for systems maintenance and updates.