XLA is looking for an experienced Senior Federal Proposal Writer to join our corporate team based out of Vienna, VA. Remote is available, but the candidate must be able to participate in virtual zoom meetings as necessary.
The Senior Proposal Writer collaborates with XLA Subject Matter Experts and program/technical team members to develop compliant, responsive, and compelling proposals in response to Federal Government solicitations. The ideal candidate will have experience working past performance, corporate experience, technical approaches and staffing resume volumes, which includes qualifying opportunities to align with solicitation requirements. The candidate will also work to further mature and maintain a company proposal library repository. This position will work as a consultant.
- Writes and leads technical, management, staffing/resume, and/or past performance sections and volumes. Ensures Pricing volumes are properly included in final work product.
- Provides direction and oversight to supporting writers; maintaining tight deadlines and color team schedules for all participants.
- Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
- Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
- Uses initiative to anticipate proposal challenges and contribute to team efforts without managerial prompting.
- Engages Business Development and Technical/Operation Subject Matter Experts to develop and refine responses to government solicitations; Interviews pursuit stakeholders to obtain information, develop appropriate content, and garner approvals.
- Works to both mature and maintain a company proposal library.
- Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality.