XLA is looking for a Jr. Contract Specialist to support our federal customer. The job site is in a niche area in Arlington, VA that is close to restaurants, shops, and public transportation. The position is currently working remotely.
The responsibilities for the Jr. Contract Specialist are as follows:
- Develop acquisition plans and procurement milestone schedules;
- Coordinate tasks and attend meetings related to the development of a procurement package;
- Prepare procurement packages, including preparation and review of requirements documentation (e.g., Statements of Work (SOWs), Statements of Objectives (SOOs), Statement of Need (SON), Performance Work Statement (PWS)), market research documentation, independent government cost estimates (IGCEs), draft evaluation factors, applicable pre-award determinations and findings, and applicable pre-award clearances and reviews (e.g., Small Business Set-Aside Review and Information Technology Checklist);
- Provide recommendations concerning the selection of contract type and method of acquisition;
- Prepare and assist with the preparation of Justifications for Other-Than-Full- and-Open-Competition (JOFOCs);
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of Determinations and Findings;
- Draft or assist in drafting and issuing applicable pre-award synopses; and
- Present or assist in presenting acquisition planning documentation for higher level reviews and approvals
- Review of acquisition requirements documents.
- Review and improve customer statements of work and other pre-award documentation.
- Participate in working groups.
- Review and participate in training development and delivery.
- Develop briefings and position papers, review drafts, and finalize documentation.