XLA is looking for an Administrative Assistant to work onsite at a federal agency in Orlando, FL.
- Receives callers or visitors, determines purpose of the visit, and directs individuals to the supervisor or appropriate staff member.
- Answers questions from visitors and callers that require research in records or files, such as suspense dates and the status of reports.
- Personally, handles many matters and provides non-technical information to caller or visitor as required. Refers technical or difficult questions to the appropriate staff member.
- Reads and keeps apprised of organizational and Agency - wide directives and procedures in order to be aware of changes and new requirements affecting the work of the organization.
- Creates a variety of material such as letters, memoranda, investigative and other reports in final form, assuring correct punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar, and format.
- Maintains a variety of files such as investigative, chronological, time and attendance, automobile, personnel, etc.
- Establishes new electronic files as necessary, indexing case files to indicate include subject matter.
- Extracts required background materials from office files.
- Searches for documents or correspondence and excerpts information or data required.
- Arranges for timely submission of required information.
- Maintains suspense file and follows up in action items.
- Controls all documents for the groups, assuring that the deadlines are met.
- Makes tentative appointments for the group, makes travel arrangements for the supervisor and staff, including preparing travel vouchers and reports. Contacts travelers to relay specific information.
- Reviews outgoing correspondence prepared for the signature of the Group Supervisor, ASAC or SAC for proper format, correspondence with procedural requirements, grammar, typographical accuracy and necessary attachments.