XL Associates, Inc. (XLA) has provided institutional support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for over twenty years. XLA is currently seeking a Recruiter to support the USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will join a diverse contractor team providing comprehensive support in the contracting of political transition and stabilization response personnel worldwide. This position plays a pivotal role supporting USAID offices in fast-paced, dynamic environments and is critical to the successful implementation of USAID/OTI’s programs and fulfillment of USAID/OTI’s mandate. As part of the human resources team, the Recruiters support the processes and actions necessary to recruit and select staff under the flexible staffing mechanism used by USAID/OTI to implement its rapid response strategy. Typical duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Serve as a primary point of contact and manage communication with current and potential applicants, agency staff, and the general public;
- Facilitate the recruitment process for government staff and provide administrative support from preparing and posting job announcements to collecting application materials, conducting interviews, and checking references and academic credentials;
- Understand and execute the USAID personal services contractors (PSC) recruitment process: developing a recruitment plan, assisting in the development of solicitations, managing the application process, arranging interviews, and providing information on positions to candidates;
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to PSC recruiting including maintaining files, answering contract questions for candidates, and reporting on and tracking metrics related to ongoing recruitments;
- Represent the agency at external events and identify qualified recruitment sources, networking leads, job fairs, conferences, and advertising resources to recruit and further expand the recruitment network.