XLA is looking for a Tour Guide / Administrative Assistant to support Visitor Services for DEA's museum in Arlington, VA. This is a full time position working Tuesday - Saturday.
Responsibilities and skills needed, include:
- Ability to interact with all types of visitors including visiting foreign dignitaries and law enforcement, educators, tourists, and employees.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organizational skills that include managing the museum space, communicating with DEA Museum staff and other DEA content experts and arranging tours and speakers, answering phones and booking tour groups.
- Experience with leading tours; willingness to learn DEA Museum tour content.
- Skill in welcoming people to the Museum, informing them of current information, and encouraging children to follow the Junior Special Agent program.
- Ability to track groups and count visitors. Keeping these records, ongoing and available to the Director.
- Experience and confident in developing and coordinating virtual educational programs, working with the Museum’s Curator of Education.
- Work collaboratively with DEA-HQ security protocols as well as with Buildings Management.
- Trouble-shoot visitor issues and exhibit issues, as needed, working collaboratively with Museum staff.
- Represent the Museum to the public, tourism partners, and to external audiences, as needed.
- Experience in marketing, social media, and public relations.
- Enthusiasm for marketing the museum and its programs, as needed, to encourage visitation, participation, and engagement for all museum programs.