XLA is seeking a Financial Analyst to provide short-term support to the Financial Management Office (FMO) at U.S. Agency for International Development’s Mission in Amman, Jordan. The work will primarily be performed remotely, but may be provided onsite in Amman if circumstances allow and the successful candidate is able to travel to Jordan. Core working hours for this position will be 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Amman local time and similar to the working hours of the Mission. Position may be 4-6 months in length.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Management Support of Programs
- Prepares quarterly financial pipeline reports. In coordination with the Program Office, leads the review and analysis of pipeline reports for designated Mission implementing portfolios. This would include identifying any funding gaps, overages and other funding issues for the assigned portfolio.
- Functions as the Controller representative in specifically designated Development Objective Teams, providing expert financial management support, as needed/requested.
- Prepares forward funding analysis related to proposed incremental funding actions.
- Posts/Reviews financial transactions in the Global Acquisition and Assistance System (GLAAS) /Mission Agreement and Project Pipeline Report (MAPPR)/Phoenix.
- Reviews Development Objective Agreements (DOAGs), grants, Implementation Letters (ILs) and other project/activity implementation documents such as Host Country Contracts, to ensure their consistency with general activity design.
- Prepares the financial section of the Project Approval Document (PAD) design document and assists technical offices in preparing detailed illustrative budgets that represent the U.S. Government cost estimate for acquisition and assistance procurement transactions.
- Performs Section 1311 reviews of program funded expired obligations to determine whether obligated funds are still required in accordance with Agency requirements to ensure the validity of all obligations and commitments.
- Facilitates the de-obligation of funds no longer considered valid and properly documents all decisions.
- Assists the technical teams in performing financial close-out of agreements.
- Collaborates with the technical teams to prepare and monitor the Program Support.
- Performs other financial management functions as directed by the Sup. Financial Analyst and/or Controller.
Other infrequent tasks
- Participates in conducting financial reviews, assessments, and related follow-up on the implementation of recommendations and risk mitigation plans.
- Reviews audit reports and follows-up on outstanding audit recommendations.