XLA is looking for a Jr. Contract Specialist to support a federal agency. The job site is in a niche area in Arlington, VA that is close to restaurants, shops, and public transportation.
Here is what you need to know about the responsibilities:
- Supports the analysis of acquisition plans and procurement milestone schedules
- Attends meetings related to the development of a procurement package
- Supports oversight and compliance of procurement packages, including requirements documentation (e.g., Statements of Work (SOWs), Statements of Objectives (SOOs), Statement of Need (SON), Performance Work Statement (PWS)), market research documentation, independent government cost estimates (IGCEs), draft evaluation factors, applicable pre-award determinations and findings, and applicable pre-award clearances and reviews (e.g., Small Business Set-Aside Review and Information Technology Checklist)
- Provides recommendations concerning the selection of contract type and method of acquisition
- Supports oversight and compliance reviews of Justifications for Other-Than-Full- and- Open-Competition (JOFOCs)
- Assists compliance experts in reviews of Determinations and Findings
- Drafts or assist in drafting and issuing applicable pre-award documentation analyses
- Presents or assists in presenting oversight and compliance for acquisition planning documentation for higher level reviews and approvals
- Reviews acquisition requirements documents
- Reviews and improves customer statements of work and other pre-award documentation.
- Participates in working groups
- Reviews and participate in training development and delivery
- Develops briefings and position papers, review drafts, and finalize documentation