XL Associates, Inc. (XLA) has provided institutional support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for over twenty years. XLA is now seeking candidates to support the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS) under a contract that is pending award. This is a great opportunity for those seeking to begin a career in international development to get their foot in the door and gain valuable experience supporting USAID. The primary work location is the Ronald Reagan Building in downtown Washington, DC. The anticipated start date is in July 2020.
The newly reorganized RFS will strengthen coordination across the technical areas of agriculture-led growth, resilience, nutrition, and water security, sanitation and hygiene and provide state-of-the-art services to the field. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Assistants will provide a crucial service to coordinate and manage the increased information flow and analysis that will be necessary to support the function of Technical Centers, Support Offices, and a robust new field support model. Each MEL Assistant will be assigned a geographic and/or technical area of responsibility and work closely with their teams on assignments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research and Analysis Work: Under the guidance of their supervisor, support the collection, aggregation, synthesis, analysis, and interpretation of data. Review research, surveys and/or evaluation reports to improve quality of analysis.
- Program Monitoring, Evaluation, and Assessment: Support the design and review of Mission program monitoring and evaluation studies or projects for international development activities, processes or policies. Assist in the review, evaluation, and assessment of designs submitted by implementing partners, contractors, and research partners.
- Presentation of Findings and Recommendations: Contribute to the synthesis of evaluation and monitoring results and their translation into written documents and/or oral presentations. Assist in the preparation of evaluation findings, reports, and articles for appropriate audiences/ stakeholders,
- Technical Assistance: Support efforts to provide technical assistance for assessing, measuring and/or evaluating programs, processes and/or policies.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with staff on Mission program, project, and activity monitoring and evaluation projects/studies and support efforts, as appropriate, with other program and technical staff.
- Administration: Support meeting/call management to include sending out invitations, following up with participants, and working with the Administrative staff to book lines and rooms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.