XLA is looking for a Budget Analyst to work onsite at a federal agency in Arlington, VA (metro accessible). The duties and responsibilities include, but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Assists with development of the agency's financial plans, including review, analysis, and recommendations of program offices’ base funding requirements via the annual Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB) process.
- Assists with development of the agency's annual Salaries & Expenses and Diversion Control Fee Account financial plans, including the bridge from the enacted budget to the financial plans.
- Working under FR direction, collaborates regularly with program offices on historical funds utilization, current resource availability, and future programmatic requirements, including assisting with resolution of budgetary resource problems and issues.
- Working under FR direction, assists with the coordination of the unfunded requirements process and monitors changes to the financial plans.
- Assist FR in their collaboration with program offices and the Program Liaison and Analysis Section (FRP) in preparation of reprogramming requests that are submitted to the Department, OMB, and Congress.
- Prepares quarterly financial reports on multi-year and no-year supplemental funding sources for submission to the Department.