XLA is seeking a Senior Network and Systems Administrator in support of DHS/ICE in Seattle, Washington. The ideal candidate must be proficient in systems administration, using Windows operating systems and high-level Active Directory administration. The selected candidate shall be able to plan, design, implement, test, and support network solutions between multiple platforms. The selected candidate should have excellent experience in an engineering discipline designing LANs or equivalent experience, overseeing the implementation and test/troubleshooting activities, reviewing and approving changes/modifications to the design and implementation, documenting the installed system, and recommending and operating the network management and control systems to maintain the LAN hardware and software.
- Must be proficient using Storage Area Networks (SAN)/Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) and removable storage media, including compact disc/digital versatile disc (CD/DVD/BLU-RAY), and Magneto-Optical (MO) Disks
- Proficient with optimizing system operation and resource utilization, perform system capacity analysis and planning, resolve performance problems with the servers and network, supervise the monitoring of CMP facilities / equipment, supervise testing and analysis of all elements of the network facility (including hardware, software, power, communications, lines, routers, switches, and terminals), and serves as a key contact for local / remote locations and customers to obtain clarification of problems and provide resolution of system failures and degradations
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with Storage Infrastructure Support (NetApp)
- Experience monitoring and reporting network usage, troubleshooting network problems
- Adding computer peripherals and new users, performing system backups and data recovery, resolving LAN/WAN communications problems.
- Hands-on experience is required, with the ability to configure networking equipment such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Architect, drive changes and improvements for the backup area
- Transform Backup architecture requirements to working solutions
- Manage storage allocations and Backup configurations
- Evaluate and recommend new storage/backup products and technology
- Manage, configure and maintain multi-tiered environment.
- Familiarity with Linux and a general understanding of enterprise virtualization for desktops and servers is desirable
- Proactively monitor and address storage and backup alerts
- SAN integration support for Windows/Linux systems to provide end to end high availability
- Able to handle storage hardware management and support assistance for all storage devices, Hitachi, EMC, Netapp, etc.
- Performance tuning, configuring and upgrading of backup environment.
- Assist with system disaster recovery requirements