XLA is seeking Site Inspectors with appropriate experience and credentials to conduct inspections under a contract supporting the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The purpose of the site inspections will be to ensure that any proposed project actions comply with environmental, floodplain, and historic preservation laws, regulations, and executive orders.
Work requirements may include:
- Conducting environmental assessments and environmental impact statements;
- Assessing potential impacts of projects to species and habitat;
- Conducting biological assessments and surveys to determine the existence of, and potential impact to, endangered species;
- Conducting surveys, assessments and reviews of other potential areas of impact such as water quality, wetland delineations, sole or principle drinking aquifers, prime farmlands and other ecologically significant or geographically unique areas;
- Performing analyses to ensure all reasonable alternatives have been evaluated in accordance with criteria and documented in written reports;
- Travel within the continental U.S. for periods of up to two months - Work locations and the length of assignments will vary depending on FEMA’s needs.