XLA is looking for an Administrative Assistant to sit onsite at our customer's offices in Washington, D.C. To be considered for this position, federal contracting experience and the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance is required.
The Administrative Assistant shall provide reception and administrative support to all staff under the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) (RMP, Acquisitions, and Facilities).
- Receives telephone calls and greets visitors to the office. Controls access to the office and ensures that only visitors properly cleared are authorized entry. Notifies staff members of visitors or incoming telephone calls. Takes messages from, and gives messages to, visitors and callers when staff members are unavailable.
- Maintains an up-to-date telephone listing of staff under the CFO and card file of addresses of departments and agencies.
- Maintains telephone-recording equipment. Prepares recorded greetings and activates off duty telephone answering machine(s) when required. Plays back and transcribes messages on a regular basis.
- Receives, reviews, and distributes incoming mail. Immediately notifies appropriate staff member when material is received via FAX transmission and places in appropriate internal mailbox.
- Serves as the primary administrative services point-of-contact for approximately 60 government employees.
- Responsible for arranging and documenting meetings, as necessary.
- Draft, route, and track all formal documentation created by the staff.
- Responsible for drafting, routing and tracking all formal documentation created by the staff within the routing electronic documents process, as well as those outside of the electronic process.
- Ensures documents are in the proper format, and that spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar have been verified. Consults with document author to resolve questionable material. Responsible for preparing all staff document for final copy and distribution.
- Performs substantive clerical duties such as one or more of the following:
- Maintains adequate levels of office supplies and orders additional supplies as needed.
- Receives reports of malfunctioning equipment from employees. Coordinates repair of the equipment by contacting the responsible point of contact.
- Receives electronic invoices and/or date stamps paper invoices; scans and saves both invoices to the designated location then routes invoices to the appropriate receiving official for signature and acceptance via email. Tracks to ensure that invoices receipt/acceptance has a quick turnaround. Records received invoices in the invoice log tracker.
- Directly assists with other financial management processes, to include invoice payment, preparation of supporting documentation, and travel services.
- Receives and prepares transmittal of currency for erroneous checks.
- Maintains absentee RMP calendar and sends out daily Facility, Acquisitions and Budget Status report.