Looking for a career to support the federal government? At XLA, we need a Senior Contract Specialist to support our client. The job site is in a niche area in Arlington, VA that is close to restaurants, shops, and public transportation.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Full life cycle contract management (“cradle to grave”)
- Assisting agency contracting office with drafting various contract documents including base contracts, modifications, and purchase orders.
- Working with and advising program managers on procurement policies, regulations, and procedures that result in cost savings for the Government
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplemental regulations; following all applicable acquisition procedures
- Communicating orally in order to brief all customers on proposed acquisition cycles award processes
- Utilizing all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures while participating with a variety of Program Offices to ensure the acquisition plan, synopsis, procurement planning conference and justification and approval all include necessary information to facilitate a successful contract award
- Communicating in writing, independently preparing pre and post business clearances for every acquisition in order to document the contract file
- Acting as a business adviser and/or representative providing business advice to the program offices